Sunday, November 13, 2011

"35 years ago today..."

My mom always begins my birthday with that same sentence.  And yes, you read that right.  It's not a typo.  I am 35. I am officially in my mid-thirties. I am officially considered AMA of "Advanced Maternal Age." Whatever that means.


Before having children, I never cared about my "birth story." I never cared that my mom was actually due to have me on October 22nd but that I wasn't born until the 6th of November (maybe that is why I am still always late to everything). I never cared that I was born in Seattle at Providence Hospital at 2:01pm.  Now I want to know everything because I can understand it.  Or better yet, I can appreciate it.  I want to know if she was induced, how long she labored and if she loved sending me to the nursery so she could get a FULL night sleep after all that hard work.  Why did they take away nurseries again? 
 
And while 35 isn't considered "over the hill," I can't believe how fast my life has gone.  Just yesterday I was standing in front of the Coug in my cap and gown.  How did I get so damn old? At any rate, I am healthy, I am happy and I am blessed.  I am 35.  And this is going to be a great year.
 
Can you see me under there?  Not sure how old I was here.  Mom?
No.  That is not a wig.  That really is my dad's hair. 
Aww, modeling at such a young age
Ok this looks like Mckenna
My mom is the one who looks like a baby in this picture.  She was only 20 years old.  I am still not sure how she did it.
This is my year folks.  35 is my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment