Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Monte Carlo Trip


Today is the big day.  The waiting, the worrying, the anticipation... it will end soon.  We leave this evening on a flight to London, then to Nice.  From there we will be going to Monte Carlo to meet the rest of the family who have been enjoying time in Paris.  The others have been gone since last Thursday.  If they can do it, I can do it right? 7 days will fly by and I know the kids will have a great time with their grandmas, aunties and cousins.  They are in wonderful hands and this brings me great comfort.  

Sometimes I think I am ready to leave, that a break will do me good.  I feel this way on many morning when both kids are whining at my feet.  Other days I wonder how I will leave them.  Well, ready or not, Europe here we come.  I have made the decision to go so I just have to do it and enjoy it.  Something deep in my heart says I won't regret this.  I get to see my dad race in Monte Carlo (pretty amazing), I get to meet my relatives in Italy who will be taking us to  the small town my Great Grandma Nona (Adelina Bogny) was born. This is also pretty amazing.  AND, I get to meet up with my dear friends Tristan, Nadya and Lyra who will be flying in from London. This will be a great time.  My kids will do great.  Think on these things.  


"Finally, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

In the meantime, I have written a letter to the kids.  Amy, Dana, Sam or Jon, please read this to me for me! The kids are really looking forward to seeing you all.  Be sure and read the LONG note I left for you (notes I should say).  Don't make fun of me.  Remember that I am a teacher and I must leave detailed plans.  Thank you all for taking care of my babies.  XOXO 

Dear Roderick John,                                                    

Rocky, Sassu, Squeaks, Squeak-a-Dee, the first person to call me mom.  You have no idea how much joy and happiness you bring to my life.  You are one of the most loving toddlers I know, even when you are whining.  I am really going to miss you this week but I know you will have such a wonderful time with Grandma Oh-La, Auntie Amy, Dana, Auntie Sam, Jon, Auntie Kim, Maddie and Grandma Chuggles.  You and sissy will get so much attention and I know you will be well taken care of.  For that, I am so so so grateful! Oh, and for every day that we are gone, we have hidden a surprise for you.  When we skype each morning, I will tell you where the gifts are hiding out.  Happy hunting Love Bug!

Well Roderick, I have to say that making the decision to go see Papa race in Monte Carlo was not an easy one for me.  The thought of leaving you and Baby Kenna for 7 days makes me want to cry my eyes out.  Then I have to remind myself.  There are moms all over the world that have to work 5+ days a week and only have a few hours with their babies each day (God bless you moms).  There are moms out there who travel for work, weeks at a time (God bless you moms).  I am so spoiled because I get to be with you and Sissy 7 days a week.  Ok, so there are some days when I want to pull my hair out but in most cases, I realize how lucky I am to be here for you.  I haven’t missed a thing, which is why being away 7 days makes it feel like eternity for me.  Well, at least it gives me a great reason to tell you how much I love you and that I can’t wait to come back with pictures and treats for you and Sissy! I sure do love you Roderick.  I love how you walk grandma out to her car when she leaves our house.  You are already such a gentleman.  I love how you say, “nuggle me mom.” I love how hard you work.  You love to help daddy in the yard and mom around the house.  I love how you tell me you love me, out of the blue.  I love it when you exercise your body with me.  You are so good at following directions.  I love how much you enjoy learning.  Watching you grow in preschool has been so wonderful.  I love how much you love your sister.  I love that you tell me when she has a toy in her mouth and that you let me know when kitten is awake from her nap.  I love that you try your hardest to look out for her best interests.  She is lucky to have you.  I am lucky to have you (back off High School boys).  I love that when you bring her one of her “baby” toys, you snatch the toy you want out of her hand.  Although it’s not the most polite way to go about getting what you want, you are strategic.  I respect that about you.  I love how you, along with 10 of your favorite cars, crawl into our bed in the early morning hours.  I love how much you love your cousin Kennedy.  The feelings are mutual.  I love how much you love your grandparents.  It melts my heart to watch you love them the way that I do.  I love the noises you make when you play with your toys.  You have such a great imagination.  The world could use more of this.  I love your smile Roderick.  It melts my heart.  I love how smart you are and how you want to know everything about everything.  There is so much more to learn and discover out there.  I love when I get upset with you, you tell me “don’t be mad at me.” It means you don’t want to disappoint me.  I hope you always feel this way.  I love your energy.  I love that you always want me to tell you stories, especially the one about the Rainbow Fish.  I love that you try to tell the same stories back to me.  You never leave out any details and you always begin with “upon upon upon a time”.  I love your memory.  I am amazed at all that little brain of yours has taken in.  I love that when I have a tummy ache, you hold my hand.  You are already so empathetic.  It comes naturally to you.  I love that you watch American Idol with me and that every year, you have a favorite you want to vote for.  This year it’s Phillip Phillips.  Most of all Roderick, I love your temperament.  You are calm, collected and caring.  You are a breath of fresh air and I thank God for bringing you to me.  May Jesus bless you from the top of your head to the tips of your toes.  Thank you for giving me a reason to be healthy and happy.  I know being your mom is the most important job I will have.  I promise to do my best to raise you and Sissy.  I love you Roderick.  I will remind you of this often… I promise. 

ALL my love,
Mom XOXO


Dear Sissy,                                                            


I miss you and your brother so much and I have not even left yet.  I have never been away from you for a whole day and night yet alone a week.  This is one of the hardest things for me to do, to leave my babies for a whole week.  You will be in GREAT hands so this brings me much comfort. 

You, Mckenna Rose, Sissy, Sissy Bear, Kitten, are such a blessing to our lives.  Your energy and your smile are contagious.  I love how you dance as soon as you hear music.  I love how you point to things and say, “is-it-tay.” You know what you are saying but we don’t.  I love how long you will sit in your high chair and take in all of your surroundings.  You are learning so much.  I love that yesterday, you took 5 steps but you are in no hurry to walk.  I admire your patience.  I think we could all learn from you.  I love how you try to sneak up the stairs but before you do, you wait for me to spot you, make eye contact with me and hustle right back up.  You know you are not supposed to be on them so you wait, hoping I will change my mind and allow it.  When I don’t, you smile at me anyway.  I love how much you love your cousins.  We are lucky to have such friendly neighbors. I love how much you are starting to look like your brother.  You have all of his best qualities.  I love how much you love your brother and how you want to be just like him. 
I love how you blow me kisses and wave bye bye when I leave the house.  I love how you pull everything out of the cupboards, even when you make a mess.  You love to explore with your hands.  I love your temper and that you know what you want.  Even when you get so mad that you bite your hand and pull your hair, I know you are tough and that nobody will be able to hurt you.  I also know this is your way of communicating so I am hopeful this will change when you learn to use your words.  I love that you climb over to me and hold your hands out so that I will pick you up.  I love how excited you get each morning as I come to take you out of bed.  I love your appetite.  It’s so much better than mine.  I love your eyes.  They remind me of your brother and myself.  I love your lips.  They remind me of your dad and brother.  I love that when I say “kiss kiss” you open your mouth as wide as you can and lay one on me.  I love how patient you are when you are strapped in the stroller.  You were born to shop Sis.  I love how you sit on your knees and your little feet stick out on each side.  I love your hugs!!! Everyone loves your long lasting hugs.  I love how you pat my back and twist my hair.  I love how much you love your grandparents, aunties and uncles.  I love how well you adapt to people/things around you.  I love that when the doorbell rings, you rush to see who is there.  I love your laugh.  It’s contagious.  I love to watch you watch your nursery rhymes.  You can really move Sis.  I love how much you love pink… oh wait, that’s me. J I love how much you love me.  I know it and I can feel it, who needs words?  I love that you are so care free, something I have never been.  I love watching you laugh when your brother makes silly noises and faces.  It’s music to my ears.  I love watching you hug your brother.  It makes my heart smile.  I love your confidence, your strength and your enthusiasm for learning.  I LOVE YOU MCKENNA ROSE HARVIE.  You are a blessing and I thank God for you every single day.  May Jesus bless you from the top of your head to the tips of your toes.  I can’t wait to see you when I get back from Monte Carlo.  I will bring you surprises, I will show you pictures of Papa racing his Formula One car and I will tell you all about Italy and our family who still live there.  I love you baby girl.  Thank you for enriching my life.

ALL my love,
Mom XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment