Roderick John, what can I say? I can't believe you are 6 years old. I know it sounds cliche, but it feels like just yesterday you were born. I can hardly believe you have gone from a baby to a toddler to a little boy so quickly. This September, you will start Kindergarten. You will be away from me all day long. And while I know you will love this, that you will excel in school, I am going to miss you like crazy cakes. This is all a part of life right? You get bigger, you go to school, play sports and one day you won't want your "embarrassing" mom around you. Well guess what, today you do. At the age of 5, you still want to snuggle your mom. I am so thankful for that and I will embrace every single minute of your love and attention.
Roderick, I am BEYOND proud of you. I love the thoughtful person that you are. I love the way you treat your little sister and brother. They both look up to you so much and I am thankful they chose you to admire. I love your drive and your determination to help around the house (ok, not your room so much but you love to help daddy outside). I LOVE how much you love football. I'm not a huge fan of you throwing the ball up in the air and tackling your little brother in the house but I love that you have a passion for the game. I think you are going to be a great athlete one day. Wait, I take that back. You already are. You play flag football and you love it! You are good at it too.
I don't think you will ever understand just how much I love you. You were the first to make me a mom and I will always cherish the way you changed me and added to my life. I am a better person because of you and Roderick, I would do ANYTHING for you. I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.
Today my baby grows. He grows and he grows and he grows. I love who you are and who you will become. Happy Birthday to my favorite OLDEST son.
Love you always,
Mom
XOXO
Stud Player
You can't wait until you turn 7 so Papa will hire you!
Love you and all of your goofyness

No comments:
Post a Comment