Saturday, January 28, 2017

Kyler's First Stiches

This kid is going to give me a heart attack.  It doesn't start here and I'm sure it won't end here either.  In fact, it hasn't.  Kyler has already had MORE stitches since this first happened back in October (and that's another story).  I think he handled the situation better than I did #shocker

It was a Friday evening the week before Halloween and the kids had just finished eating dinner.  I was supposed to be heading out to Suncadia for a pi phi reunion the following morning when disaster struck.  Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration but it sure felt like it.  You see, I had 2 glass candle sticks on both sides of the fire place (you know where this is going).  Being the festive gal that I am, I also had Halloween decorations hanging from our mantle.  They had been there for weeks and nobody touched the dangling spider or the ghost… until this night.  Kyler pulled on the spider which knocked over the candle stick and, well, you can see for yourself how that went down.  We spent our Friday night at the Children's Urgent Care where we were well taken care of.  After an X-ray (to make sure there was no more glass in the wound), 5 stitches and some glue for a second cut, we were off to Menchies to reward him for being so brave.  He was over it in 10 minutes.  I am still recovering.  This mom gig is hard but so worth it.
There was a LOT of waiting going on
My trooper
No better way to recover than snuggling with Issy


No comments:

Post a Comment