Wednesday, December 22, 2010

3rd Annual ALL Girls Christmas Party

Did I say all girls??? Well, that's how it usually turns out anyway.  You see, every year around Christmas time, a group of us old friends get together, have a DELICIOUS meal, have great conversations, and we play a few games.  This year was slightly different... a surprise to us all. 

You see, Chef Curtin just could not handle all of the daunting tasks on her own this year.  Nope. She needed some help. So, she did what every other girl would do. She hired house boys (an idea she stole from our sorority).  These guys were a HUGE help... well, to the single ladies anyway.  They sure did add to the Christmas decor! (Honey... just getting you back for your Seahawk tailgating... only we keep it clean here).

Look at that set up! What a host!
The beautiful chef Curtin
The girls (I LOVE US)
Toasting to old friends and a Happy New Year
Ahhh, one of my favorite games of ALL TIMES.  The finding of the pickle!
The game: Chef Curtin hides the green pickle in the tree (a German tradition- or so she says).  The first to find it wins a $50 gift card to Gene Juarez ( I know right? Its a biggy). 
The competition is tough but you know what they say, "may the best win."  OH, who won you ask???
ONLY ME!!! For the SECOND year in a row! It might have helped that I am pregnant and sober (so what are your excuses Mands and Butts?)
Ahhh, the celebrations and good times.
The Chef with her house boys... did I mention they were models? Geez Curtin! What criteria were you looking for??? Just curious...
 Curtin with her hired help... who told them to take off their shirts??? Jordan? Kerri? Kel?
The whole gang!  Overall it was the PERFECT night! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful group of girls that I can call my best friends.  I've said it before and I will say it again... "I LOVE US!" Oh, and boys, you might have looked good but you were worthless.  Vaux had to tell you OVER AND OVER to fill up her wine glass... :-) geeez.
And thank God they did.  When a catastrophe hit and the tissue paper caught on fire, Vaux had a full glass on wine to put it out.  Wait... Vauxy, did you really pour your red wine of the burning flames? :-)  Just one of the many reasons I love you.  Oh, and don't worry people.  The fire was short lived... and so was my night.  Thank you pregnancy.  I was in bed by midnight.  All of the other ladies... a very different story.  And so it ends...
"MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment