Sunday, January 9, 2011

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year

I know.  I've really heard it this time.  I am SO behind of my blog entries.  Let me explain.  People always ask me, "what do you do all day long? Isn't hard to stay home? Don't you get bored?" Not these days people.  I am 31 weeks pregnant, EXHAUSTED, and super busy.  The holiday season naturally keeps people busy anyway (decorating, shopping, wrapping etc.) so I have been very tied up in all of that.  Plus, I am in the process of getting my teaching certificate extended so I am back to school (evening classes) and preparing for a portfolio which, at this point, feels like it might take me ages to complete.  Hey teacher friends- HELP! So, if you wonder why I have been slackin' on the blog these days... there you have her! I will do my best to do it all (isn't that what mom's are supposed to do anyway)? Okay, enough excuses...

CHRISTMAS! The MOST wonderful time of the year! Sooo true, unless you have a sick baby.  :-( The day before Christmas Eve, Roderick woke up with a 103 temperature.  This meant we could not go to Bellingham to celebrate with the Harvies.  I was very sad and disappointed to have missed out on the festivities.  This was the first time I have ever stayed home on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day, Roderick felt a little better.  Although not 100%, we did go celebrate with my side of the family. Boy did Santa spoil the kids!!! And the adults for that matter.  He must have read the letter I wrote him back in November.  It went something like this, "Dear Santa, please save yourself the heartache and send cash.  Much love, The Harvie Family!" :-)

Santa came Christmas morning
And filled our stockings
He left us many exciting gifts
Like Cars
And books
And things in blue boxes
He even left something for baby girl to be- McKenna Rose
How spoiled are we?
It was NOT easy, but we managed to get all of the kids together for a picture
The Chef
Mommies to be
LOVING his new piano! Roderick often sings and plays at the same time 

The day after Christmas was nothing short of wonderful! This time, we celebrated with my mom's side of the family. Again, Santa spoiled us all! I really do love this time of the year.  Thanks to everyone for making Christmas so special for all of us.  Although Roderick did not completely understand the concept, he sure enjoys the lights and the music! He loves to sing, " pa rum pum pum pum." A kid after my own heart!

Again, Santa was very good to us
For Mckenna's nursery!
For our new house!
New Year's Eve!!! The hype! The parties! Oh, what did we do you ask??? Oh, this year was BIG! So big, I have no pictures to show for.  We did enjoy a fun pizza party to honor my Cousin Alex's 19th birthday but we were home by 9:00 pm and asleep by 11:00pm.  Yep, I was out on the couch while Harv and Grandma watched the firework show at the Space Needle on TV.  Boy have times changed.  On a positive note people, I felt great the next morning! No "drunk guilt" or hangover. Can you say the same???

New Year's Resolutions for 2011:
Have a healthy baby girl
Continue to be the best mom to my adorable son
Be a supportive football wife (are there really only 8 home games a year?)
Sell a condo (who wants to buy it?)
Buy a house
Complete and pass the ProCert (to extend my teaching certificate)
Attend church more regularly
Exercise
Live, Laugh and Love

Happy New Year Everyone! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment