Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Family Photo Shoot 2012

A few things I know about family photo shoots, and I am not photographer.

1) The mother is never satisfied with herself.  Whether you think the camera adds 10 plus pounds or a hair is out of place.  A mother is never satisfied with herself.

2) Taking family photos is A LOT of work.  A lot.  By the end of a 45 minute session, I was sweating profusely and it was about 2 degrees outside.  Oh, and I wasn't even the photographer.

3) It is impossible to get your kids to look at the camera at the same time, impossible.

What I realized is that photography captures just that.  The perfections and imperfections of life.  We all want the family photos to be just perfect; parents looking good, kids smiling at the camera, but that's not life is it? 

So here's to telling it like it is.  This is us.  Enjoy the 70+ pics I have included on here.  They are all too special not to share. 

But, can I just say??? We got some damn good pictures of the Harvie Family.  Thank you so much Prita.  A talent you have indeed.  I am so thankful for YOU.  

Harvie Family 2012
(Roderick age 3, Mckenna 20 months) 






I am so in love with this smart little boy of mine



LOVE this one

LOVE this one





I am so in love with this little kitten of mine









Um, Roderick. This would have been my favorite picture but your hand is in the way 





This is one of those imperfect pictures I am talking about.  Whats up with my hair? Oh, you didn't notice my hair? Is it because my boobs take over the whole picture? Sweet.

Daddy's Girl























And so in love with my boys

And this whole family



See it here first! This will be on our Christmas card this year. :-)

Umm, Harv. Really? Nice pose.  LOL

At first glance I look at this picture and think "my nose looks big, my hips are huge, look at my frizzy hair." Then I see how perfect this picture really is.  A mom who is crazy about her beautiful children.  Perfection caught on camera






As I look over these pictures again, I realize we have so much to be Thankful for.  We are a healthy, happy, crazy, fun, loving family.  Thank you Prita for capturing these moments. The good. The great. And also the imperfect.  For these are what I am most Thankful.  

2 comments:

  1. SO cute! Roderick and McKenna are really growing up! I love the daddy's girl they are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is looking so good...and even clean! Looks like you caught them on a bath day! Hehe

    ReplyDelete