Monday, March 25, 2013

Junebug 2 Year Old Photo Shoot


Dear Sissy Bear,

2? Really? You are 2? Time, please stop.  Seriously.  I am not sure I can take this whole "growing up thing."  Last week we moved your high chair out of the house.  I wanted to cry.  How am I going to feel when you go to Kindergarten yet alone college? I can't take it.

Mckenna Rose, you bring so much joy to this family.  You are one of the most loving and snuggling kids I have ever met.  You were born with empathy which is probably my favorite thing about you.

Here are a few things about you that you should know...

You are a spit fire but sweet as pie.  I don't think you could be any cuter either.  
You say SURE to just about everything.  Well, unless I ask you if you want to go to bed.  
Then that is a very clear NO.
You don't say much but when you do, it sounds like... well, Etch.  Whatever that means.
Each day I hear you practicing your words more and more with that raspy little voice of yours.
You love to put "pretty pretties" in your hair.
You love pink (wait, I love pink and you are too young to tell me you don't like it).
So, you love pink... I think.
You love to eat.  I have no idea where you put it either.  I wish I could take credit for that.  I won't try.
You know what you want and boy when you don't get it... plug your eyes.  She is a McKenna people.  Talk about LOUD. 
You love to "nuggle"snuggle.
You love "rocky" meaning, you like to be rocked all hours of the night.
Oh yeah, you are the WORST sleeper in the whole wide world but I love you anyway. 
 You love to sing and dance.  I will take credit for that.
You love to help around the house.  You don't like a mess.  I can take credit for that one too.
You love your babies.  I love watching you bounce them up and down and whisper "shhhh." You will be such a great mom one day waaaaaaaay down the road.
 You are teeny tiny (23 lbs and in the 7th percentile for weight and height).  Let me be the first to tell you that stuff doesn't really matter, no matter what the world says.  Be healthy, exercise, eat right.
You want "uppy" every second of the day.  Sometimes it drives me crazy.  Then I remind myself ("you're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back, you're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast, these are some good times, so take a good look around, you may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this).
You LOVE Tangled.  I might love it as much as you do.  Almost.
You love to be outside.  You love to run, play on the slide, or even sit in the baby jogger while mommy runs the hills.  I love you for allowing me to get healthy with you. 
You love to smile.  And when you do, you light up the whole room.  It's contagious. 
You are a little bossy.  You might get that from me.  You just started tattle telling.  Today its cute.  In 1st grade, not so much.  
You love to dress yourself.  It takes half of the morning but you make it happen.  I love that you don't give up, even when those darn legs try to go in the same pant leg. 
You LOVE your cousins.  You see them just about everyday but you wouldn't know it from all of the hugging and kissing you do.  You are so full of love.
You LOVE your brother "Rogee." You look up to him and copy everything he does.  This may be cute today but in 10 years, I probably won't think so.  Just know that now.
You LOVE your Mommy and Daddy.  You give endless hugs, kisses and you try to say "I Love You." It sounds more like "I looooooovly."  That works too.


Mckenna Rose Harvie, you make my days joyful and bright.  I am so lucky God chose me to be your loving, but most days, neurotic mom.  I love you more than you will ever know.  

All my love,
Mom
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment