I really can't believe you are 5 years old. It seems like just yesterday you were dancing to the Wiggles, eating your gerber puffs, and crawling out of your crib. You are growing into such a loving, sweet, caring young boy and I am more than proud to call you my son.
This year for your birthday, you became a big brother for the second time. You love your Kyler and take such good care of him while I take showers or do other chores around the house. You can't stop kissing his face and trying to make him smile. I can already tell that you two are going to be the best of friends. You also have SO much love for your sister, although she can drive you a bit crazy. We all hope this hitting phase ends soon bud (ha). She looks up to you and wants to be just like her big brother. Thank you for setting such a good example.
Each year, sometimes more, I try to write you a letter. Sometimes life gets so busy and I don't always get around to telling you all of the things I love about my favorite oldest son. I hope you know that I love you, Mckenna, Kyler and daddy more than anything in the whole wide world. I hope you know just how proud you make me when you do kind things for those around you. Just the other day, you helped grandma walk to her car. You have been doing this since you were about 2 years old. I love your compassion and desire to help people. This morning, you helped me clean out your old clothes and toys so you could give them to "the other kids who don't have anything." I love your generous spirit.
Roderick John, you were the first to make me a mom. You are maturing into a smart, caring, hard working and loving boy. I can't wait to see what age 5 brings your way. I see more trucks in the garage and outdoor construction sites in the future. Your imagination continues to blow me away. Keep loving the way you do, giving to those who need it and being who God made you to be.
In my eyes, you are perfect.
I love you more than you know,
Mom
This year for Roderick's birthday, we decided to do something EASY, you know, have a party somewhere outside of the house. After all, I JUST had Kyler a few weeks before. So, I picked the perfect place- The Woodland Park Zoo… in the summer… on a Saturday. It was NOT relaxing by any means. In fact, it was nothing short of chaotic. But SO many family members came to celebrate our special guy and that made my stressful, sweaty, overwhelmed self happy.
Happy Birthday Roderick!!! We hope you loved monkeying around (ha)!
XOXO
















No comments:
Post a Comment