Sunday, September 28, 2014

On the other side

Last week, I sat as a parent for the first time at St. Vincent's Curriculum Night.  Its usually me up there in front of the classroom explaining my objectives and goals for the coming year.  But this time, I was on the other side.

It seems crazy to me that Roderick is already 5 and in Pre K (5 half days a week).  He could have technically gone to Kindergarten but since he has a late July birthday, we decided to wait a year.  He is certainly smart enough to attend K but as a teacher, I think the most important gift you can give your child is TIME.  I was SO proud of myself and our little guy on the first day.  NO TEARS for either of us!

I don't think next year will be as easy on me.  Its hard to get used to the idea that he will be in school full time.  I am not ready.  I am however, thankful for the opportunities that lie head for our favorite oldest son.  He says he wants to be a Firefighter, in construction like his Papa, join the Army or work for the SWAT Team.  I told him he can do ANYTHING he sets his mind to and I have no doubt he will. He is already off to a good start.  We are proud of you Buddy! XOXO
Proud Little Sister 
Mrs. Hendricks and Mrs. Rhodes
And just like that, he is so grown up.
Time, please slow down.


No comments:

Post a Comment