Tuesday, April 28, 2015

4 Year Love Letter to Sissy Bear

My Mckenna Rose,

I don't think it is possible for you to ever know just how much I love you.  Every single day, I look at you and thank God for making you mine.  You see, I have been praying for a little girl my entire life.  When I was about 14, I decided I was going to have a daughter and her name was going to be Mckenna.  I think it was Mckenna Ashleigh at the time but that was only because one of my best friends growing up was Ashely Davis.  Rose is a family name (rare rose lol) and it does suit you perfectly.  The majority of my friends called me Mckenna and I just knew it would be a perfect name for my little mini me.  And that you are Sissy Bear, that you are.  You are so much like me its scary.  You are much cuter than I ever was but everything from your voice, to your personality, to your independence to your determination are so much like me.  I can't take all of the credit of course, you have some of daddy's best qualities too.  But I look at you and I see the little girl I always wanted to be. My life at age 4 looked very different than yours does, and I am thankful for that.  Nobody has the perfect childhood and mine was pretty good considering all that was taking place when I was your age.  That being said, dad and I are doing our very best to love you, guide you, and support you each and every day of your life.

Today, after I wouldn't let you have a piece of bubble gum (yes, it was over bubble gum), you told me that you didn't like me and wanted to move in with Uncle Sean and Auntie Prita.  You even wanted to stay with them instead of going to Arizona with us.  As much as I don't like to hear things like that, I had to smile.  I smiled because your stubborn little self is so much like me.  I smiled because you too, have no filter.  And I smiled because I knew in 2 minutes, you would go back to loving me the way you do.  And when you are 13 or 15 or 19… when you are a teenager and you and I have our disagreements, I will know that the feisty little girl standing in front of me is just who she is supposed to be- an independent, strong willed, spunky little girl full of passion and opinion.  And sissy- I wouldn't trade that for the world.  You heard it here first folks.

I love you Mckenna. I am proud of you and the little sister you are to Roderick.  I love how you follow him around and repeat everything he says. I love that he can get you to play flag football or fire fighter with him, even when you really want to play mom and dad with Kiki and Mara.  I love the big sister you are to Kyler Hayden.  I love that you always want to feed him and that you are SO proud that he will open his mouth for you and not me.  I love that you want to pick out his clothes and hold him constantly.  You will make an amazing mother to your own children one day.  I love that you like things neat and tidy and you can clean like no other when you really want to.  I love that you love music and dancing.  I love when you dress up in your barbie outfit and dance to "Shake it Off" and then 2 minutes later, ask me to play Bob Marley's "Buffalo Soldier." I love who you are to your friends at school and how much you ADORE your cousins, grandparents, aunties and uncles.  You are my most favorite daughter in the whole wide world and I love you, I love you, I love you!

All my love,
Mom
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I love that you used your maiden name for your princess! She is a mini me!

    ReplyDelete