Thursday, August 19, 2010

Friday Fun and Fancy Dinner

Last Friday, Vaux, Sydney, Prita and Kennedy came over to swim.  It was the perfect day! We had lunch, caught up on life, and chased our kids around the pool area.  Boy, laying out just is not what it used to be.  In the past, I was able to read mags poolside, get a tan, take a dip in the pool and relax.  These days, I chase my ever wandering toddler.  I remember thinking "is it nap time yet?" Sorry Roderick John. You know I love you! :-)
Vaux and Sydney
Prita, Roderick and Kennedy
Roderick and his very own pool
Tinks
Roderick, Kennedy, Sydney (Kennedy... can you see us?)

Later in the evening, we ventured to Curtin's house for a gourmet dinner.  This dear friend of ours decided to send herself to Italy to take cooking classes.  She spent an entire week learning how to make the most amazing Italian meals.  I'm so lucky to know someone with such great talent... especially since I am so far from ever becoming a chef (my poor husband). 
On the menu:
Appetizer: Brushetta with tomatoes and basil 
Main Meal: Homemade (like from scratch) tortellini bolognese with a watermelon salad
Dessert: Cherry Jubilee with vanilla ice cream
The chef herself making homemade tortellini (yes, I helped!)
Amazing right? Curtin made these tomatoes into roses. SO talented! 
Homemade tortellini (see that perfect one in the bottom left? Yep, I made that!)
The finished product
Harv and Carter (Roderick was with Sean and Prita for the evening- we needed a night out)
The girls (Vaux, Chef Curtin, Mands, Me) 
Our youngest dinner guest- Carter.  He was SUCH a champ! What a good boy!

Thanks again Curtin for hosting such a wonderful dinner party.  Please have us over again soon! And Harv, if you want to send me to Italy to take cooking classes, I promise to have dinner on the table every night!!!  I should probably also go to France though since Italian may get old. And then, maybe Spain, And then.... :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment