Friday, February 25, 2011

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go!

It's the final countdown.  I have been trying to explain to Roderick all week that his baby sister really is coming, and she is coming SOON! Yep! I am getting induced THIS Sunday, February 27th! This afternoon I will go to Overlake Hospital to have a procedure done that will help move my body in the right direction (I will go ahead and spare you the details).  Then, I will head back to the hospital on Sunday and here I will be until baby McKenna Rose is born.  I can't lie... I am incredibly nervous this time around. I am not sure which is better- knowing what will happen to me or not knowing. I feel more anxious than I did when I was induced early with Roderick (all women with gestational diabetes are induced at 39 weeks).  I'm not sure if its that I know what is about to happen to me or if its finally hitting me that I will have 2 kids in diapers.  Either way, I am praying all goes well (and I am sure it will). I am in good hands with my doctor... who MUST think I am nuts! Before I left his office on Tuesday, I told him about my fears of the epidural.  I told him I was contemplating natural labor, just so I did not have to think about that huge needle.  He looked at me with a smile and said, "no offense.  I just don't think you are a good candidate for natural labor." Ummm... its pretty safe to say that my doctor knows me all too well.  2 days and counting... 2 days and counting.  Can't wait to hold you McKenna! XO

Bags are packed, laundry is done, car seat is in the car... there is no turning back now! Ready or not... here she comes! LOVE YOU MCKENNA ROSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment