Wednesday, September 7, 2011

If you can read this, thank a teacher

It's official.  I have completed, passed and extended my teaching certificate.  You see that there? Yep! I am good until 2017! So what will I do with this you ask? I am a "stay at home mom." Will this just sit in my desk drawer and rot away? Not a chance. 

The truth is, I LOVE being able to stay home with my kids.  I am so very fortunate to have the opportunity to witness every single second of my children's lives.  I think I have said it before, parenting is the HARDEST yet MOST IMPORTANT job in the world.  Yep! Do you hear that Obama? It's the HARDEST yet most important job in the world.  :-)  After all, I could be raising the next President of the United States.  Who knows?

No really.  What will I do with my teaching certificate?  I have one more year leave of absence in the Bellevue School District.  Will I go back?  Will I find work 5 years from now?  Will education even be the same? Will anyone hire me?  Down the road I would like to open my own pre-school.  That way I could raise my kids and teach other peoples.  Being a mom and a teacher is my passion.  Right now I am both.  I am officially Roderick and Mckenna's first teacher, and I have a feeling I will be their favorite. 

To all my teacher friends- Have a WONDERFUL school year! I secretly wish I was hanging butcher paper on my classroom walls (I never thought I would say that).  Give a math test for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment