Dear Prita,
I remember meeting you at the innocent age of 19. You were young, naive and madly in love with my dorky little brother. Today marks a new milestone. You are oldER, wiser, yet still madly in love with my dorky little brother. While some things never change, others do. Look at all that you have accomplished in the 11 years I have known you. You have become a teacher, a wife, a mother and one of my best friends. Not sure what I would do without you actually. Thank goodness you are so close and that only one house separates my family from yours. I can literally knock on your door anytime I need to (don't worry, I won't- maybe I should have a key???). I can leave my kids with you and trust with all my heart that they are being cared for and loved. AND, I can call you with my never ending worries and know that even though you have heard them over and over again, you will still answer the phone, the text, or the door. There are few people like you. Thank you for being so good to my family. Happy Birthday!!! BRING ON THE 30's!!!!
Love,
Your Friendly Neighbor
Dear Kennedy Renee,
I have known you, my little angel, since you were kicking away in your mommy's belly. I was SOOO excited when I heard the big news that I could meet you in February 09, even though that meant mommy could not drink wine at our wedding (oh the sacrifices). I knew before you were born that you and I would have a wonderful relationship. I have always dreamed that you and my children would grow up together and be the closest of cousins. What I didn't know is how much you would take care of my babies. How is it possible that a little girl could be so loving and so motherly, even before the age of 2?
One thing I adore about you Kiki is that you are always looking out for Roderick. Whether he likes it or not, you help change him, feed him, and put berets and bows in his silky red hair. You make sure he has a snack when you get your own. You help him find his placemat at Preschool. You help him use the potty and you continue to inspire him. The love you have for my son is unconditional and I know just how much he means to you. Same goes for Mckenna. I love how you smile sooo big when you see her and you say, "HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI Baby Kenna." I love when you take the spoon and feed her, even when she bats away at your hand. I love that you try to make her laugh by singing nursery rhymes. Thank you Kiki. I am lucky to be your Godmother, Auntie, Neighbor and Friend. I love you Kennedy Renee. Happy 3rd Birthday!!!
Love,
Your Friendly Neighbor and Auntie Amy

Amy! What a sweet post! Gosh... it made me cry! Kiki and I love you very much! x0x0
ReplyDelete