I finally did it. I spent the night away from my kids for the FIRST time ever!!! Ok, I guess I did leave Roderick to deliver Mckenna but that is it. I would like to add that I did very well and so did the kids. I left them with my brother and Prita, two people they both know and love. It was easy for me to leave them with our friendly neighbors because they are a huge part of our lives and, well, I trust them (yeah, I don't don't trust anyone so go figure).
It was a perfect night. My husband and I ate a late lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe, followed by some shopping and then more dining at the Purple Cafe where we ate, drank and talked about EVERY subject known to man. Topics of conversation;
Religion
Monaco
Private Schools
Monaco
Parenting; how to handle our "strong willed" 2 year old
Monaco
Making time to nourish our marriage
Monaco
After 3 hours of eating and drinking, we ended our night at the Fairmont Hotel. It was just like old times. I fell in love with my husband all over again and I remembered why I said "I DO" on July 12, 2008. Sometimes with the hustle and bustle of everyday life and two children, its easy to forget. With that being said, I love you honey. Thanks for our date night.
Oh, and still no final decision on Monaco. All night I would think to myself 'If the Purple Cafe was in Monaco, would I be okay knowing my kids are on another continent?' Then I would get all anxious, have a hard time breathing, fall into panic mode and pass out. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I do have strong moments where I think I can do it. Today though, I am feeling weak. :-) What would you do bloggers? Comment!!! :-)
You two look hammered. LOL!
ReplyDeleteI like Harv's shaggy hair-do! I think his hair might be LONGER than Mike Jones' right now. Can you believe that?
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you two had a fun night, good for you!