Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Magoo Theckston

I know this post is so 2 months ago but I am a little behind on my blogging.  I have about 10 posts before I am all caught up.   I know.  I stay home all day.  It's so easy.  I have no job.  What do I do with my time anyway? I mean, come on, catch up already!

I'm working on it guys.  For all 3 of you that read my blog.  :-)

At the end of May, one of my dearest friends got married in Maui.  I was the Maid of Honor, which, is almost as cool as being the bride! Anyway, I think the poem I wrote her says it best.  Magoo, this one is for you!!! ALOHA!!!!

Here we are on May 28th
Grab your drinks and celebrate
The bonding of Micah and Little Jenn
Now your journey will begin

Hi everyone, I'm Ma-Go
I love this couple, don't ya know?
Long time friends, Jenn and me
16 years, how can that be?

Sisters in the wine and blue
My friend, my roomie, my magoo
The memories we've had, the trips we've done
With you I've had the most fun

Italy, Austria, and Germany too
Europe '99 I bonded with you
Way back then you said to me
"In my wedding, Maid of Honor you'll be"

Who would have thought, in our college days
Sarah would be your sister in more than one way
I never would have guessed, had you told me then
Theckston's baby brother would marry Jenn

Oh and Micah I remember the days
You came to visit the city of LA
You were young, wild and so care free
What a great man you turned out to be

So how did this happen?
Where did they meet?
Here is the story
Take a seat

Sarah's birthday it all went down
At the Black Bottle, right downtown
There he was, beard and all
Imagine my shock when I got the call

"Magoo, what a night, guess who was there?
Micah Theckston and all of his hair"
How did she see him under that beard
Plus he's Sarah's brother, isn't that weird?

Together they were from then on out
A girl from the country- a tough one no doubt-
And one mellow guy, a Pastor's kid
Who floated through life with all that he did

Look at these two, the even keel
One Type A, one Real Deal
It has been said, all along...
Dusty Springfield, what's that song?

"The only one who could ever reach me
Was the son of a Preacher man
The only boy who could ever teach me
Was the son of a Preacher man
Yes he was, he was, ohhhh yes he was"

All jokes aside, congrats you two
We wish you the best in all you do
Skal, Cheers, Ching Ching, Sante
To the bride and groom- Enjoy your day!

First things first:  Bridal Bachelorette on the Big Woody!!! Stops included a variety of wineries, Woodinville Whiskey Co., a few bathroom stops, a few "pull over the bus for a dance party" stops and one last stop in Bellevue for dinner, drinks and dancing.
Note to self: Skip a night on the town to party on the Big Woody.  Nothing beats it.








Woodinville Whiskey Co. Owners Brett and Camille Carlile
I've known them for MANY years
They are some of my BEST friends
They've been on TV and in Magazines
They will make millions
No big deal :-)
The trip to Maui with my roomies Curtin Magooo and Butts Magooo.  I loved it! I could yell MAGOOOO and they would both answer me! :-) 


Makena Beach
McKenna on Makena Beach
Our condo in Maui... Ok, so its not quite the Fairmont but it was clean


Rehearsal dinner at the Polynesian Village Luau
Note to self: Bring your own alcohol
This is a dry Luau but so super entertaining 

Um, no I am not pregnant and yes, they are real.  



Don't ask

Beautiful Wedding Site
My new Facebook profile pic
My match.com profile pic (kidding honey) 
The Beautiful Bride (let me see your other arm Magooooo- shhhhh)

The Bride and Groom

Congrats you two.  It was a beautiful wedding.
Oh, and shut up Magooo Carlson.
One last time
TTF

No comments:

Post a Comment