Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Baby Boy is 3

Roderick, Squeaks, Rocky, Sassu,

Yesterday, you turned 3 years old.

I really can't believe it.  I honestly have no idea where the time has gone.  I do know three things.

1) You have brought so much joy to my life
2) I am absolutely positively your biggest fan
3) I love you more than I ever knew I could

Oh, and for the record, you are my FAVORITE son.

Thank you Roderick for being such a wonderful little boy.  I am just crazy about you.  Give me just a few minutes to tell you why.

You are the BEST big brother around.  You look after Mckenna and I know how much she means to you.  When she puts something small in her mouth, you run and tell me.  When she needs help with her shoes, you put them on her.  When she wants to play with your toys, you, well, you rip the toy from her hand BUT, in your defense, you always run to the playroom and get her something to play with.  That shows me how much you love your baby sister.  My heart smiles every single time.

You have a heart of gold Roderick.  You walk Grandma Chuggles out to her car every time she leaves our house.  You share your food with everyone (is that because you don't like to eat?) Anyway, you share your food with everyone, you tell me you love me multiple times a day (which makes me the happiest mom in the world), and, even though you don't show it the way you show me, I know just how much you love your daddy.

You are honest (most of the time), you sleep in your bog boy bed (most of the time), and you are just about potty trained (most of the time).

You are generous too Roderick John.  Instead of receiving gifts for your 3rd Birthday, you had your friends and family donate to Peyton's Ranch and Comfort Critters.  I know you didn't come up with this  on your own but when I told you about it, you loved the idea.  I adore that about you.  Yesterday morning when you came up to me I was on the computer.  You asked me what I was doing and if I was donating.  Yes you actually said "donating" and you used it in the right context too.  I was reminded immediately that you had a kind, generous, heart.  For the first time I wondered if perhaps, just perhaps, you got that from me.  I can't take all of the credit though.  My entire family is incredibly generous so, as they passed along this gift to me, I give it to you.  You are a quick learner my son.  Already donating.  LOVE that this word is in your vocabulary.

You are so so so smart.  Yes, I know every parent says this but I am not kidding.  You are SUPER SUPER SUPER smart, like, I think you might even be a genius smart.  I am not the only one to say this either.

From your dad you get your determination, your intelligence and your ability work hard.  Oh, I think your whining comes from him as well.  NO WAY did you get that from me. :-)

All jokes aside Roderick, I love you SOOOOOO much.  I am not sure you will ever comprehend how much I love you until you have children of your own.  In the meantime, I will tell you over and over, every single day. I LOVE YOU!

All my love,
Mom
XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment