I don't even know where to begin. I guess I will start by telling you just how proud you make me. I don't even think you know what an amazing little guy you are turning into. You are sweet, smart, loving, thoughtful, caring and more empathetic than most kids your age. Actually, more than most adults I know. God picked you just for me and I continue to thank Him for choosing me to be your mom.
I know I seem overprotective. I know I have you do things you don't want to. But that is only because I love you and I want what is best for you. When I tell you to clean up your toys, its because I want you to take care of the things you have. Maybe you earned them or maybe they were gifted to you. Either way, you must appreciate your many blessings and respect what you have because you, or someone else, worked hard to get them.
When I ask you to watch your sister or spend some time with her, its because you are her hero Rogee. She wants to be just like you Roderick. I know she can be... well, a little challenging, but know she adores her big brother. The choices you make, the food you eat, the movies you watch, she looks up to you. And I am so glad she does. You are a perfect role model for Sissy Bear.
When I tell you NO, its because I said so. And, well, I am sure I have a good reason for it. I want what is best for you. I want you to turn out into the loving, caring man I know you will one day be. Yes, you will make mistakes. But you will also learn from the mistakes. You will say the wrong things, you will make a bad choices, you will hurt someone's feelings. You are not perfect. Nobody is. But also know that you need to own up to those choices, fix your mistakes, say you are sorry and forgive yourself and others. Got that?
Alright. Thats enough for now. ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!
I love you buddy. I love you so much. Thanks for being who you are. Thanks for loving me. Thanks for loving daddy, Sissy and our WHOLE entire family. You, my son, are my FAVORITE little boy in the whole wide world.
All my love,
Mom
XOXO
This year for Roderick's Birthday, we had quite the Monsters Bash. With a house full of family, friends, magic, face painting, balloons, trampolines, big toys, small toys, and cake, I'd say our birthday boy had a blast. Thanks to all who made it so special.
Last year, Roderick asked for donations to benefit Peyton's Ranch and Comfort Critters (In memory of Peyton Rudkin, the daughter of a couple I went to WSU with). This year he wanted to help one of my second grade students, Amelie Rue, who has a brain tumor. Roderick knows Amelie and asks about her quite often.
In the last few months, we have spent some time with Amelie. The last time we saw her he asked me so innocently, "why doesn't Amelie have any hair?" I explained to Roderick that she is sick and the medicine she takes to get better makes her hair fall out. Thats all it took. He wanted to help and he did. We raised over $250 and will be sending her family to the ocean in September. Thanks to my mom, my dad, Patty, my grandma, Sean, Prita, Vaux, Mands, The Brannons, Rich and Tavia for donating to such a great cause.
Happy Happy Happy Birthday to my little monster who SCARES me with his generosity and compassion. I love you ROGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment