Sunday, August 4, 2013

5 Years...

2 kids, a new house, and one butt surgery ago... I married this LUCKY man.
To celebrate, my thoughtful husband planned a weekend away in Cannon Beach, just the two of us.  It was so nice to have some time without the kids. To have a conversation and not be interrupted.  To eat a meal without stopping to wipe hands or cut up food. TO SLOW DOWN!!!

At the same time, I found myself looking at all of the things my kids would love to do at the ocean (build sandcastles, fly kites, explore the tide pools, jump the waves). I found myself missing them.  I guess thats normal right? My family is just not complete without my Rogee and Sissy Bear.  BUT, the break with just us felt good.  Really good.

I'm not sure if it was the view from our window, the couples massage, the amazing food and wine at the Sweet Basil, the jacuzzi tub or the roses, chocolate and champagne.  I love the beach.  I love who I am at the beach.  I feel more relaxed, laid back and less anxious.  See for yourself.
Thanks for a wonderful weekend honey.  You did a great job planning and surprising me.  I can't wait to see where the next 5 years will bring us. XO
HAPPY 5 YEARS!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment