Saturday, September 7, 2013

Tales of the 5th grade SOMETHING

Yes. You read that right.

FIFTH GRADE.

I am teaching 5th grade on Thursdays and Fridays at Somerset Elementary in Bellevue.  I am at a new school, with a new staff, in a new grade. So far I am liking it, especially the view from my parking lot.  Whats really crazy is my mom went to this SAME school in 1968.  I bet she never wandered those halls thinking her daughter would teach there one day.  :-)
I am trying my best to dive into the curriculum and wrap my head about teaching a group of 10 year olds who are taller (and some smarter) than me. In the meantime, this is who "helped" us set up our classroom.
And this is what I will be learning all over again.  God help me.  I know its only 5th grade math but people... I have never been good at math.  Ever.
Ok so that problem isn't too bad but some of this math is SO HARD!!! I need a G5 math tutor.  I have a feeling I will have some tales of the 5th grade this year so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment