This trip was not like past vacations. We did not lay out in the sun for endless hours trying to bring home a golden tan. Our primary focus was on the kids, even though they are much too young to remember anything we did. We spent the week lounging around the house, going to kid friendly restaurants, taking walks to Starbucks, going to an art show, and even the zoo. We had no idea that the Phoenix Zoo was so amazing! It's actually ranked 4th best zoo in the nation! We all had a blast until Roderick got his first taste of allergies, something he must have inherited from his dad (poor baby).
It wasn't all about the kids though. The boys did take an afternoon to play golf at a course up the street from Grandma's place. Prita and I got the BEST manicures and pedicures and also did some shopping with the girls. I was even able to go for a hike up Camelback one morning, something I did not get to do last year since I was pregnant. Harv went on the hike twice... and was still not sore (thanks to his weekly "hour of power"). Overall, it was a great week full of adventure, family, and fun in the sun. A big thanks to Grandma for having us!
He was all smiles most of the trip
Probably because daddy spent lots of time playing with him and Kennedy
Daddy gave Roderick lots of shoulder rides
And Roderick did lots of exploring. This is his classic pose when he decides to take a break from crawling
This kids had a blast playing together
Roderick loved his baths in the kitchen sinkAnd how even his allergies did not ruin his day... do you see that smile?
That is just one of the MANY things I love about my Little Lovin' Baby. What a good sport huh? Keep it up Roderick John. May you always be happy even when things don't go your way.

And spending time with the family


I love this post, Amy! My favorite is about the "f bomb" at the zoo -- I think that might be Finn's first word. Oops!
ReplyDelete