Monday, October 25, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!

Since I was a little girl I knew 2 things for sure.
1) I wanted to become a teacher.
2) I wanted to be a mom.

A few years ago I found a letter that I wrote back in the 2nd grade.  It was titled "what I want to do when I grow up." Ironically, both of the things listed above were in this note.  I became a teacher back in 2004 and became a mother in 2009. Both were great accomplishments and I feel truly blessed to have done what I set out to do.

We found out back in July that we were expecting another baby.  Although extremely surprised, we could not have been happier.  I take great pride in the mother that I am and always wanted to have a big family that consisted of both boys and girls. I know its not in my hands and I cannot pick the gender of my babies but can I just admit that I wanted EXACTLY what I got? An adorable and loving little boy and an adorable and loving little girl (we are pretty sure she will be adorable and loving).  My grandma Tiny used to say, "there isn't a dumb or ugly one in the bunch." I have to agree!

Anyway, I always wanted an older brother to watch after his younger sister.  I wanted a brother that would be protective and make sure people were always nice to his little sister.  Especially when she turns say 16 and wants to go out with boys (oh boy...)!  We need that filter that will get rid of the "bad seeds." :-)  I think Roderick will do his job wonderfully and that dad will also help with that! Poor McKenna.

There is, however, one thing in this letter that did not hold true for me.  It mentioned that I would have 2 kids (so far, so good), one boy then one girl (so far, so good) and that I would name the boy Jason and the girl Jaime (hmm).  Pretty original considering my best friend's name was Jaime and her brother... you guessed it... Jason.  I get a big fat ZERO for creativity on that one.  Oh well.  Just look at me now!

Mckenna Rose,
Your dad, brother and I are SO very excited to meet you.  We love you so much already! Hurry up March!!!
Love,
Mom
PS- your real letter from me is in your baby book... dad... it's your turn!!!

Isn't technology AMAZING???

1 comment: