Monday, October 4, 2010

Salmon Days

This weekend we went to Salmon Days in Issaquah.  We met up with the Sperrys and the Ayalas! I had not been to Salmon Days since it was located in Old Redmond.  I must have been about 10 or 11 years old because all I remember about this event was that I bought a doll.  This was no ordinary doll that could be purchased at Toys R Us.  This was a special doll.  It was a homemade doll.  It was made out of panty hose and cotton.  Yep. Her skin was tanned, naturally, as panty hose are often a dark brown or black.  Now that I think of it, she may have been considered an African American doll :-) I named her Sarah and I carried her around with me everywhere I went.  Wait, is that normal for a 10 or 11 year old? Maybe I was younger... Hmmmm.

Anyway, we checked out all of the booths (no dolls that resembled Sarah unfortunately), took the kids to the play area (what a disaster) and searched and searched for something healthy to eat (sorry Vauxy).  Later that afternoon, we went back to the Sperry's for a BBQ.

Loving the wagon (all I could think about was the number of kids who have touched this thing. Love being a germ-a-phobe. Works really well for me at fairs and big events :-)
Look at that mad house behind us. Didn't really feel like losing our kids...
So the play area was short lived

Goof balls
"Dear Lord... Please let the Hawks win tomorrow"
Roderick and Sydney
London

No comments:

Post a Comment