Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Woodland Park Zoo

Last week I took Roderick to the Woodland Park Zoo for the very first time.  We met up with Sarah (Dye) and her adorable daughter Brooklyn.  Dye and I have been friends since Jr. High and were even college roommates at Wazzu! We've had some great times.

The weather at the zoo was perfect and it was not crowded at all! I was so excited for Roderick to get the chance to see all of the animals without all of the chaotic distractions.

First things first... we went to see the elephants.
He cried.
Then off to see the hippos.
He cried.
Immediately following were the monkeys.
He cried.

I started to worry my son was turning into a sissy.
Then I realized something.
My son is more like me than I thought.
Just not quite sure how he feels about animals. :-)

I would like to mention that Roderick did enjoy seeing the lions (perhaps because they were soooo far away or because he recently learned to ROAR)
He also loved the bunnies and chickens (perhaps because they were smaller than him)
I sure do love my little scarty cat!

Brooklyn and Roderick
Adorable Brooklyn
Adorable Roderick (making his monkey face)
Roderick and Dye
What happened to my John Deer?


See that face? Look in the background. He just noticed the monkey behind him.
Next time we will look for Curious George Roderick.  He might be less intimidating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment