Friday, November 19, 2010

My Birthday Weekend

This year, my birthday weekend may go down in history as one of the best! After 21, birthdays just seem to be more of a reminder of how old we are getting.  Wrinkles start to appear, the body starts to change and hangovers get 1,000 times worse! But, you know what they say, "only the lucky get old." This year, as I turned the ancient 34, I decided to embrace my age.

The fun began on Saturday, November the 6th (my actual birthday). A group of my best friends planned a relaxing and much needed girls day out.  I mean, what else can you do when your 22 weeks pregnant right? Bars and nightclubs are a no-go.  We met for lunch at Maggiano's in Bellevue and then headed to get manicures and pedicures.  It was a lovely day.  The evening ended after my wonderful husband took me to dinner at Anthony's where I enjoyed one of my all time favorite meals... crab legs. I also got an AMAZING new camera that I am so excited to learn how to use.  Look out bloggers... I met get professional on you!

Celebrating my birthday has never been a one day event! We took it a step further and went to Leavenworth with the Ayala family for a couple of days.  It was SO much fun! I had not been there since I was a kid so it was great to see all of the things that changed (and all of the things that had stayed the same).  It felt like Christmas there! Lights were up, holiday music was playing and reminders of Christmas were on every street corner. If you know me at all, you know just how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year!
So beautiful right?
Still so beautiful right? :-)
More Beauty!
The boys with our boys!
Butts and London
Harv and Roderick
London and Roderick
Boys will be boys
And girls will be girls (we are both due in March, just days apart) The sign is hard to read but it says "we're 22 weeks pregnant" So fun having a great friend to share this time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment