Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm 6 months old

On Monday January 25th, our little man turned 6 months old. I can't believe how fast he is growing. At his last doctor visit, he weighed in at 16 lbs. 9.5 oz. (25-50% percentile) and was 26 3/4 inches in length (50-75% percentile). He is a growing boy! Here is what our little man is doing these days...

Nutrition: Roderick LOVES to eat solids and has been doing so for the last month or so. Every morning we start with rice cereal. I do not have any idea how he could like the taste of it but he does. He also loves peas, carrots, sweet potatoes and pears. What surprises me the most is that he does not like bananas! What? Loves peas and hates bananas? Is this my child?

Sitting up: Well, he is almost there. He is able to sit without leaning over for a couple of minutes. As soon as he reaches for a toy, he is sure to tip over in either direction. We are working on it!

Rolling over: Roderick rolls over and over and over. In fact, he is now officially a stomach sleeper. No matter how many times I turn him over to lay on his back, he always ends up on his tummy. Ugh. I guess he takes after me in this department.

Sleeping: Roderick is still not sleeping through the night. I'm sure I am partly to blame, as he is still sleeping in our bedroom. I just have not been able to put him in his own room yet. Now that he is 6 months old, I'm warming up to the idea. I am shooting for this weekend... lets see how I do!!!

Future goals: I know it sounds crazy but I often wonder what he will be when he grows up. Grandma Chugley and I often make predictions based on his interest of the day. Here are the conclusions we have come to...

Electrician: He LOVES lights! Even as a brand new baby, he would get fixated on the light in the living room. I even took him to Seattle Lights for a field trip one day!

Artist: He is always staring at this one painting in the living room. I think he likes all of the bright colors.

Conductor: He loves to flap his arms up and down and left to right. You might think he was leading an orchestra.

Detective: He is always trying to figure out what I am doing (especially when I am cooking or on the computer). It looks like he is investigating and taking mental notes on what is happening around him. His eyes always seem to tell a story.

I will continue to add to this list over time. I know I have thought of more than the ones listed above. I don't know what he will choose as a profession one day but what I do know is this- he has a bright future ahead of him. I can just feel it!





2 comments:

  1. Such a cute post, Amy! I love the speculation about his future profession :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL! What a great post! Can you believe he is six months already? X0X0

    ReplyDelete