Monday, June 28, 2010

11 Months Old

People have always said, "time flies" but I'm not sure I really believed that statement until I had a son.  Time really does go SO fast.  Has it really been 11 months since our little Squeak-a-Dookie has been born? Unbelievable!

Here are some of the wonderful things Roderick is doing at 11 months:

- Roderick is SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! Yes, you read that correctly.  Roderick goes to bed promptly at 8:00 pm and sleeps until about 7:00 am.  Thanks to The Sleep Sense Program, I actually get a good night sleep these days (thanks Pomp for this wonderful suggestion).  It was not easy training but we have done it! YAY!
- Roderick is ALMOST walking.  He can stand for a couple of minutes and has even taken a few steps as well.  He does seem a little apprehensive about taking long strides, as he often goes back down to his knees when he wants to get somewhere fast.  That's okay though.  I hear its a whole new world when he learns to walk so I am not rushing things. Take your time honey!
- Roderick still loves to say, "ma ma" and "da da." I swear he says "da da" more than "ma ma"  though.  Whats up with that? I'm the one that is home with him all day? :-)
- Roderick LOVES to dance and watch The Wiggles. Who are these people anyway?
- Roderick loves to read! He really likes "That's not my Dinosaur," "That's not my Monster" and "That's not my Truck."
- Roderick and I spend a lot if time learning new words.  Since we live right under the flight path, I often take him outside to see the airplanes fly over the house.  When he hears one coming, he looks up and points to the sky.  Wonder when he will be able to say airplane.  That's a pretty big word.  Don't worry guys... I have already told him he is not allowed to be a pilot.  He can ride in a plane but not fly one. :-)We are also working on learning words such a apple, banana, car, truck, sun and FISH! He loves fish!
Goofy
I pledge allegiance to the flag
I dance
I make fish faces
I look like my dad
I don't make taking 11 month pictures easy on my mom. I want to crinkle the paper or eat it.

1 comment:

  1. Roderick, you may just be the sweetest little boy I've ever met! I hope you stay that way! Ms McKenna, it was GReAT seeing you, friend! Thanks for meeting up with us (and getting my lunch, whoops). I'll talk to you soon! Love, Miss Frank

    ReplyDelete