Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day

Harv's first Father's Day was a huge hit! We decided to get out of town and head to Anderson Island for the night.  We went with Sean, Prita, Kennedy and Alex.  It was quiet and super relaxing.  The weather was not on our side, as it rained both days.  The good news? We were able to make a fire (wait, is that good news? Building a fire in June?) At any rate, we made the best of it.  Both Prita and I cooked the boys a yummy dinner and a big breakfast on Father's Day.  Aren't they so lucky to have us?

Before we left for the Island, Roderick gave daddy his gift.  Yep! I made it! I did have some help (thanks  Pomp and MP)
A close up of the picture I made.  How cute is this?
Roderick and Kennedy making a mess of the cookbooks
Ummm Tinks... where are your clothes?
Just enjoying the view... what a beautiful lake
Harv, Sean and Alex took the boat out 
A dad and his daughter
Not sure what tastes better...  The pancakes or the finger
Roderick's new silly face
A dad and his son


My dad ended up having a BBQ at the Ranch to celebrate Father's Day.  We tried desperately to get a picture of all 5 grandkids.  It was mission impossible.  Liam, Roderick and Kennedy waited patiently for the girls to join them.  While Moraiya could have been talked into the photo shoot, Elsie was no where to be found.  Looks like we will have to try again.
Elsie??? Where are you Elsie???
There's Elsie... with Moraiya
Uncle Colin and Roderick
One of the best things about papa... he loves to give the kids sugar. Yep! Roderick ate his first cookie a few months back thanks to Papa and on Father's Day, he got his first taste of ice cream.  Hey dad, next time you pump the baby full of sugar, he is spending the night with you! 

Overall, father's day was a success! It is always nice to celebrate the special bond of a father and his child.  I think my card said it best:

Fatherhood's TOUGH
Wear a HELMET

You give this little team of ours everything you've got,
and that makes a difference every single day.
I love you. I appreciate you.
And I'm so honored to be raising this family with you.

Happy 1st Father's Day Honey! Thanks for being such a wonderful dad to our son.

I love you,
Me

1 comment:

  1. GREAT post Amy!!! Your gift was awesome! I definitley want to learn how to make one. The picture of Roderick and Kennedy looking out the window is absolutely adorable. Will you email the pics to me? X0X0

    ReplyDelete