Thursday, October 6, 2011

Back to School

No. Not me this time.  Roderick and Kennedy! That's right! The two cousins are officially in preschool on Monday and Wednesday mornings.  Last week, Prita and I enrolled the kids in Northpoint Co-Op Preschool, a "place where children and parents learn together."  We have a good thing going here actually.  On Mondays, I have Mara and Mckenna while Prita is with the kids at school.  On Wednesdays, she has the babies while I take the kids to the preschool.  Most of the time, we are working in the classroom as an art parent, a snack parent or a TA.  It has been so much fun!!! Lots of singing, painting, laughing and playing- so up my alley.

This is officially Roderick's first school pic.  Despite the grumpy face, he had a great time.  Oh, about the hat... HE WOULD NOT TAKE IT OFF!!! Sorry Bud. Summer is over.  Time to pack up the sun hats!
Kiki's first school picture.  This is so cute I can hardly stand it.  I mean, come on...
Take a close look at the picture.  Now look to the left.  Do you see that little boy in his Wiggles hat standing outside of the circle??? Now look at his little cousin Kennedy in the green dress.  She is clearly an active participant.  It took her no time at all to join in the activities and engage with Ms. Melissa and the other classmates.  Roderick on the other hand, had to think about it.
BUT, it didn't take long for him to join the group.  And yes.  By the end of class he was all smiles.  Now he asks me to take him to school.  I love it!
Day one at Northpoint Co-Op Preschool was a success! Looking forward to all the fun times ahead. 
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

No comments:

Post a Comment