Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mom on a Mission

Yep. That’s me. I am a mom on a mission or two.  Or three. 

A few weeks ago, my friends at Healthy Child, Healthy World contacted me.  They asked me to send in a video clip for their website in which I was to finish the sentence, "I'm a mom on a mission because..."  That's all they wanted.  One simple sentence.  If you know me at all, it won't surprise you that one sentence just would not cut it.  Not a chance.  I had more to say.  SO, I did what any mom would do. I waited until the kids went to bed, drank way too much wine and had my husband film me on our ghetto flip camera.  Note the frizzy hair, the CLOSE UP camera and the wine bottle in the background. Don’t worry. It’s organic. :-)

Here is take 100:


Part II (Because there is no way I could do it all in one shot. Not a chance.  And forget about editing.  Who knows how to do that?)


After filming my videos, I went to bed feeling both empowered and proud.  I was making a difference.  What I had to say was important and anyone who knows Healthy Child, Healthy World would see that I was doing my part.  I was defending the children of the world.  Tom Hanks and Gwenth Paltrow might even be inspired by me (they, as well as a number of other celebrities, have partnered with Healthy Child, Healthy World).  I felt good.  I slept like a baby.
The next morning, still feeling very proud, I watched my videos again.  WHAT HAD I DONE??? Who was this serious person behind the camera and why were her teeth purple? This called for drastic measures. I needed a re-shoot. And Fast. This time I added some adorable props and they make a huge difference. Wouldn’t you agree?


BLOOPERS: Just for fun



"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”

― Margaret Mead-

Stay tuned for the final "Mom on a Mission" video created by Healthy Child, Healthy World.  Sure hope I made the cut! :-)

3 comments:

  1. These videos are great Ames! You are an amazing mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the videos Amy :) You need to post these all over the internet so it goes viral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can dig the all organic, free range, chemical free, low VOC, cruelty free, pesticide free, low emission, green, minimal carbon footprint, sustainably sourced, toxin free, natural ingredient, purified air,local, seasonal, no off-gas lifestyle too Amy!

    ReplyDelete